Help Bring EQ Skills to Your Kids and Community
It can be tough being a kid: academic pressure, peer pressure, bullying, exposure to drugs and violence. By itself, making kids better students won’t set them up for success in school or in life.
Kids need education in handling what educators call their “social and emotional” environment. Studies show that this learning fuels success and happiness in school and in life.
Parents and caring adults play a huge role in guiding kids’ emotional and social development. Our EQuip Our Kids! campaign is here to help guide and accelerate that process..
Read on for ways that, together, we can advocate for social-emotional learning to help all kids succeed in every aspect of life.
Ways to Advocate for
Only 10 percent of K-12 schools have comprehensive implementation of this proven EQ-raising curriculum. Here are easy ways you can advocate for widespread adoption.
- Be sure to “like” our Facebook page.
- Talk with other parents in your community about emotional intelligence and social-emotional learning. If they’d like more information, you can direct them to this web page.
- Contact your school district administrators and board of education to get them behind social-emotional learning.For guidance on what to say, click here.
- Talk with your employer about supporting EQ learning in your local schools. For a PDF to share with your employer, click here.
- Contact your state legislators to get them behind the movement. Easy to do by clicking here. For guidance on what to say click here.
- Introduce us directly to individuals of great influence you may know in all walks of life.
- Contact us to volunteer for a role in your community or state.
- Organize parents or parent organizations as advocates for EQ learning in local schools.