“Emotional intelligence isn’t a luxury you can dispense with in tough times. It’s a basic tool that, deployed with finesse, is the key to professional success.”- Harvard Business Review
The Big EQ project and our EQuip Our Kids! Campaign were launched by successful business leaders out of our fundamental belief that dramatically raising the emotional intelligence of all people, starting with the next generation of youth, is the single element in the human toolbox that will most fundamentally improve life, schools, business and society itself on a mass level.
We are in the early stages of an EQ Revolution. The evidence is on our side that many business challenges – along with many societal ills and “causes” that claim our attention and our remedial taxes and donations – will dissolve as we educate the young populace, as well as ourselves and our current employees, in the range of skills and approaches that create what we know as emotional intelligence.
Which is best understood as the ability to manage ourselves, our feelings, our relationships with others and our careers in a healthy, creative, productive and caring manner. EQ training in all schools, the evidence shows, can produce a generation of change-makers who function from their best selves and have the potential to transform the current pains of and threats to humanity.
We’d be delighted to have our team show you how becoming a messaging partner in the EQuip Our Kids! Campaign can complement causes your business is now supporting – or become THE cause that will earn your company the respect and meaningful appreciation of your target customers and of your employees.
Following are proven bottom-line practical reasons for your business to align with this great movement that was initiated by educators and now has found its way into HR hiring and practices of some of the most savvy companies, including Google. (More on these.)
Think of more productive and desirable workplaces and higher employee satisfaction and retention rates among these other EQ deliverables:
Qualities of Ready to Work High School and College Graduates
- Able to recognize and control their emotions
- Understand and show empathy for others
- Willing to give full effort to their work
- Exhibit active listening and effective mature communication skills
- Are problem-solvers and adept at good decisions
- Collaborate well with others as a team member
- Show leadership skills and have a positive attitude
- Adept at conflict resolution, critical thinking and creativity
- Understand and accept cross-cultural differences
- Deliver the performance your business needs
Expect Cost Savings and Higher Productivity!
Actual business effects from academic studies of employees and managers trained in emotional intelligence:*
- More reasoned and rational decision-making
- Better job performance and more successful leadership
- Sales climb and negotiation effectiveness improves
- Productivity increases in almost all categories
- Calmer, happier, low-conflict workplaces
- Retention of employees and engagement notably climb
- EQ recruitment methodology increases successful hires
- HR problems including grievances often reach all-time lows
- Quicker recovery time due to injury or sickness
*From Emotional Intelligence Consortium website at www.eiconsortium.org.
To get these results, researchers and advanced-thinking employers advocate for what educators call EQ-raising Social-Emotional Learning to be fully integrated into the education system, pre-K-12. The return on this investment is a larger competent talent pool and a more resilient society as a whole.
Simply put, investing in EQ is good business! Because why not train our children in ways of thinking and skills that will make them excellent leadership talent, entrepreneurs, managers and employees…and positive forces in their communities?
Read below for how to join us in advancing the EQ Revolution.
Ways to Partner
Contact us for more information about any of the following:
Become a Messenger Partner
Messenger partners identify themselves as members of the national EQuip Our Kids! Campaign and seek to spread the message in your own creative ways. These might include the following:
- Instruct your ad agency and marketing department to create original customized messages that convey to your audience support for EQ and related training in all schools. Our team stands ready to assist yours if called on.
- Tag your current public face in social media and all advertising and marketing materials with the EQuip Our Kids! logo and some version of this statement “To give all children a chance to be their best selves, we support Emotional Intelligence Learning in all schools! Please visit EQuipOurKIds.org.”
- At minimum become an Endorser, allowing us to include your company name or your name and C-Suite position on our Endorsers List.
Become a Sponsor
- Donate existing media time and space to The Big EQ Campaign to run our own media ads and spots, with prominent branding and positioning for your company.
- Talk to us about sponsor packages for the breadth of our marketing, including for media time and space we purchase, again with branding and positioning.
- Promote the social media messages you see on this page and list your business as a messenger sponsor. You would purchase space directly and not through us.
- Donate to our general fund so we can expand our operations. We run a tight ship and nothing we do is frivolous.
Become Active for EQ in Your Workplace and Community
- Encourage your employees , especially parents, to engage their schools about adopting EQ Learning and refer them to this website for guidance. They can also become individual advocates which might include hosting at-home talks or pod casts, arranging for a local speaker, and organizing visits to any already EQ-uipped local school for parents from other schools to see social-emotional learning in action.
- Implement EQ training for your employees, possibly especially parents, with workshops and other methods. We can help guide you here.
- Contact school administrator, board members and funding legislators stating your support for rapid integration of EQ Learning into the local curricula. Emails are very helpful. Phone calls and visits add to their effectiveness. Encourage your employees to do the same.
- Recruit allies and partners for the cause at the business associations and other organizations to which you belong and among your associates and colleagues.
- Sponsor talks at your office from local EQ providers or from those people in the community who best can discuss the programs. Many school psychologists or counselors are knowledgeable about the programs even if they have not been aggressive or successful in their implementation.
Contact us to get involved or for more information.
We invite you to become a part of the emotionally intelligent future, a future now within our grasp. Join the EQ Revolution and help make transformative EQ training available to every child in America.
BECOME A SOCIAL-MEDIA AMBASSADOR
Please share these visuals on your social media to inform parents and the public about EQ Learning and consider social branding these with your logo and buying digital ad space that links to EQuipOurKIds.org