A recent article in Fast Company cites a report from the World Economic Forum that lists emotional intelligence, or EQ, as one of the 10 business skills for 2020.
The article lists seven reasons why companies value employees with EQ:
- They handle pressure and stress well.
- They understand and cooperate with others
- They’re good listeners
- They’re more open to feedback
- They are empathetic
- They set an example for others to follow.
- People with high EQ make more thoughtful and thorough decisions.